Certified Flaggers Added To Our Team!
January 24, 2017
Here at SSPTMS we are now able to provide our customers with even better service to meet all your pedestrian traffic needs, recently we made the addition of certified flaggers to our team. Now you may wonder why we chose to have our flaggers certified, and it’s because we believe every aspect of our business is important and certification means we can provide better service. Flaggers are responsible for public safety, they are the people who are most often involved with the public, and they should be trained in safe traffic control practices and public contact techniques. We are confident our flaggers have gained all of the following abilities through their experience and certification:
• Receiving and communicating specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously.
• Moving and maneuvering quickly in order to avoid danger from errant vehicles.
• Controlling signaling devices (such as paddles and flags) in order to provide clear and positive guidance to drivers approaching a TTC zone during frequently changing situations.
• Understanding and applying safe traffic control practices, sometimes in stressful or emergency situations.
• Recognizing dangerous traffic situations and warning workers in sufficient time to avoid injury.
In addition to the abilities gained through certification our flaggers shall wear highly visible apparel for daytime and nighttime activities. The apparel will meet the Performance Class 2 or 3 requirements of ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 publication “American National Standard for High-Visibility Apparel and Headwear” and that are labeled as meeting the performance for Class 2 or 3 risk exposure. In addition, the background color of the apparel will be fluorescent orange-red, yellow-green, or a combination of the two as defined in the ANSI standard. The reflective material featured on the apparel will be orange, yellow, white, silver, yellow-green, or a fluorescent version of these colors, and will be visible at a minimum distance of 1,000 feet.
We are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and all the pedestrians that walk the streets of New York. We are committed to improving our services and our industry as a whole. If you are interested in this service or any other service we offer please take a moment to explore our website, and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.